Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS Did you see Selma Blair at the Oscars?

• Did you see Selma Blair at the Oscars?

Posted by ed-tobias on February 26, 2019 at 9:49 am

Actress Selma Blair, who was diagnosed with MS in October, was at the Oscar awards the other night. Video showed her walking slowly with a cane. My column this Friday will be about that. Did you see her? If so, what did you think?

Debi Wilson replied 5 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Nancy

February 26, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Yes i did see her, beautiful girl. I plan on trying to follow her to the best i can. I myself was diagnosed in ’08. I started with a can but as this monster progessed the need for a wheelie walker was needed because I’d rather be safe then broken up. You sometimes learn lessons the hard way. Blessings to All

• Jacqueline

February 26, 2019 at 1:37 pm

I didn’t watch it ( UK ) but she might just start a new fashion off, maybe others who need the use of a cane -stick, will follow her and not feel ashamed on using one at the Oscars. She is holding it and walking with pride, ( just seen the photos, ) she looks amazing in her stripe flowing dress.

Jackie

• Debi Wilson

February 26, 2019 at 1:43 pm

She looked beautiful and she helped to advance MS awareness.

• Jacqueline

March 1, 2019 at 2:24 am

Ed, you recently made a remark somewhere of her tripping up on her long flowing dress, what about the high heeled shoes that they wear? I would like to think she was wearing flats underneath that flowing dress of hers, if she had any sense she would have…

I am in flats, could not even think of wearing anything heels…

• Debi Wilson

March 1, 2019 at 11:41 am

Jackie, I can’t imagine wearing heels anymore either! It looked like Selma had to walk a long distance ,on the red carpet and into the theater. She had to be wearing flats.