• Do you get dry mouth?

Posted by ed-tobias on March 4, 2019 at 9:32 am

My mouth often feels like cotton when I wake in the middle of the night…very dry. But it’s inconsistent. I can’t pin this problem on anything specific. Does anyone else have this problem?

debi-wilson replied 5 years ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    March 4, 2019 at 10:25 am

I used too but now that I am using a cpap it has gone away. It might be a lack of humidity in the room Ed my cpap uses water and I need to refill it every night because of the air being so dry in the room. That’s my two cents anyways.

• jacqueline

March 5, 2019 at 2:46 am

At times I wake up with no fluid in the mouth, mouth is absolutely bone dry, I always have a bottle of water by my bedside table, just a sip or two tends to sort it out so I can go back to sleep. This has to be MS related as my mouth never got so bad before MS, dont think I can put this down to ” its just old age. “

• ann-m

March 20, 2019 at 10:12 pm

YES!! Oh it is awful!  My poor husband. My mouth is so dry some mornings. Medicines have a lot to do with it. I know the nights I take Baclofen close to bedtime it is bad. It can’t be good for the teeth?

• ed-tobias

March 21, 2019 at 9:19 am

Ann,

It might be the meds. However, I take the same meds every night and the dry mouth varies…some nights it doesn’t happen at all. I wonder if it has to do with what I eat between dinner and bedtime. It may be related to my sugar take. More sugar = dry mouth.

Ed

• debi-wilson

March 21, 2019 at 10:16 am

Ed,  didn’t you say you take CBD oil?  I know when I eat a marijuana edible I get cotton mouth .