Multiple Sclerosis News Today Forums Forums Living With MS How many years have you had MS and what is your health status now?

• Mary

October 29, 2018 at 7:14 pm

26 years (diagnosed 1992), good health except mainly wheelchair-bound now.

• Debi Wilson

October 29, 2018 at 8:29 pm

I’m glad to hear your health is stable. I have enjoyed your comments in the different discussions I hope you come back and add some more!

• Jacqueline

October 30, 2018 at 2:45 am

Three & a half years, got it later in life at age 64…I am in the 10% to 15% who have the Primary Progressive type…I think the progressive word speaks for itself, as for where I am at now..

Jackie…

• Debi Wilson

October 30, 2018 at 10:43 am

Hi Jackie! It’s good to see you again!
    I am where are you are, progressing along. How have you been doing?
    For me, this past year has been a tough one, I have noticed a decline in my walking and increased pain.

• Micki

November 6, 2018 at 7:37 am

35 years – relapsing.   I’ve done well and was able to work full time and then spend many years RVing around the country.   Having your bed with you at all times makes life much easier when traveling with MS.

Beginning to have more frequent relapses as I age.   The problem is that the aging process and MS relapses can be much alike and takes careful analysis as to the cause.   MS or simply getting OLD.    GRIN

• ed-tobias

November 6, 2018 at 9:08 am

I hear you, Micki.  I’m 70 years old, with plenty of aches and pains which may, or may not, be MS related. DXed in 1980 and worked, full-time, until retiring at the end of 2012.

Ed

• Debi Wilson

November 6, 2018 at 9:50 am

Yes, it is hard to distinguish which pains are MS or age! Or if age related pains are magnified due to MS!:)