• Insomnia

Posted by micki on February 13, 2020 at 3:11 pm

Adding insult to injury – tired all the time and now can’t sleep.   I’ve never really had issues with sleeping that lasted this long before.   I can usually read myself to sleep even though it might be late.      But, for the last week or so I’ve watched the clock all night.   Somewhere around 6:30 fall into a really nice sleep and at 7:14 the dog needs to go out.    I’ve tried convincing him that putting his head down just for 10 more minutes would be wonderful for us both – but he’s not buying in.

I have a doc app’t this month and wondering if any of you are taking anything that helps that I might discuss at app’t.    I just want to go to sleep, turn off my brain and sleep.    Any tricks, suggestions or assistance will be gratefully received.    Thanks so much

kevin-schaefer replied 3 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • john-connor

Administrator
    February 13, 2020 at 4:48 pm

There are so many symptoms attached to MS it might well be one. Not heard of it but that means zilch.

Always been a night owl and have found myself going to bed increasingly late. With a chronic illness having a touch of anxiety no doubt fuels this.

Personally liquid cannabis in cocoa not only helps sleep it also dulls MS pain.

• micki

February 13, 2020 at 6:14 pm

What a great idea.   Had not thought about mixing with milk, cocoa or whatever.   Thank you, John, so much.   And, what’s keeping me awake is the decision to move, finding agent, getting this house ready to sell — well you get it.    Thanks,   Micki

• ed-tobias

February 13, 2020 at 8:58 pm

Hi Micki,

It’s comforting to know that someone else’s dog has a built-in alarm clock. My guy has his set for 7:10am!

I’m in the process of buying a condo in Florida. Closing is Tuesday but I’m sleeping ok. A glass of wine at dinner helps me a lot.

Ed

• cheryl

March 8, 2020 at 1:26 pm

HI Micki I have Insomnia as well.  This is working for me right now.

I take a Benedryl 25 about suppertime and when/if I awake abt 2 to 4 am.  I also take my probiotic which has melatonin in it at bedtime.  I supplement vita C, Cal/Mag & Vita D3 at suppertime and at bedtime.  I do breathing exercises to relax.

It is a horrendous battle.  I’ve tried to stay away from sleeping pills as much as possible.  But I keep a script of Temazepam on hand!

Wish u the best. CHERYL

• bio1

April 10, 2020 at 9:32 am

Hi Insomnia just registered after reading online reports about low melatonin found in some MS people so be worth checking it out,  as you probably know melatonin is called the sleep hormone because it increases around dusk and peaks 12-3am, its circadian rhythm is the opposite of cortisol the stress hormone, (how are <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333; font-family: Georgia,times new roman,bitstream charter,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>you</span> coping with the CV 19 social isolation)  which peaks about 9am, there are also some excellent easy to understand diagrams on google images that could make a conversation with GP worthwhile.  If you keep a log of sleepless episodes that will be helpful for comparison with the diagram.

Bio

• bio1

April 10, 2020 at 9:37 am

Not sure what happened to my post it looked nothing like what I had written

• kevin-schaefer

Administrator
    April 13, 2020 at 9:36 am

Hey Terry, sorry your post didn’t come out right. It wasn’t edited, but there may have been a technical glitch or something. You’re welcome to repost your original comment if you still have it.