Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Claire Terlon
      Participant

May  MS patients can receive the Pfizer vaccine without risking a worsening of their symptoms? Thanks

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

The U.S. National MS Society has just updated its COVID vaccine recommendations. For both the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine they say it’s unlikely either will cause a relapse or worsen symptoms. The vaccines might cause a fever, which may temporarily exacerbate some MS symptoms, but symptoms should ease when the fever is reduced.

Ed

Claire Terlon
      Participant

Thank you so much for your encouraging response CT

Jacqueline
      Participant

I will be booked an MRI scan, told will take place in a couple of months time when our UK Pandemic Virus calms – slows down, they are currently at their highest at January 2021…My question now is if i am to have gadolinium injected into my arm March – april, what dangers might i face as and when i get called up possibly late March – April for one of our three Covid vaccines, not knowing which of our three i will be given as we cant choose…Do we know if tests were done as to the safety of Gadolinium still floating around inside our bodies mixed with any of our varying three covid vaccines we have going here in UK…I have Primary progressive MS, i am soon to be age 70, diagnosed at age 64…

Jackie

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Jacqueline.
        Ed Tobias
        Keymaster

Hi Jackie,

I haven’t seen any info regarding gadolinium and the COVID vaccine. If you can’t get an answer from your MS nurse or doctor you might want to try asking it on the UK MS Society’s website.

Ed

Jacqueline
      Participant

Question, do we know the safety of a mixture of Gadolinium with either Oxford AstraZeneca – Pfizer BioNTech – Moderna, these are the three now being rolled out here in UK…When the time comes for my vaccination which should be around the same time i will be booked for my MRI scan, i will not know which of the three i will be having, we dont get to choose….Do we know what if any tests have been done on these mixtures inside our bodies…

Jackie

Jacqueline
      Participant

Ed…i dont have an MS nurse but i did get a telephone booked call with my new Neurology Clinician but of all the things i had written down to talk to him about my deteriorating illness, the important questions were not on my mind nor did he mention anything concerning my question, guess he was not aware that i will be called up near the same date he will be booking my MRI scan, and of course i have no idea how to get to speak to him as he is attached to a few private hospitals, and this was done as a booked telephone only appointment where i had to wait several weeks for my turn…If we never had this Covid it would have been a face to face consultation…

Jacqueline
      Participant

Going for my second corona virus vaccination this morning, the Oxford AstraZenica, same as my first…leaving in one hours time UK…

Ed Tobias
      Keymaster

Good for you, Jackie. It’s now been two months since Moderna shot #2 for my wife and me and it’s been smooth sailing. I hope the same for you.

Ed

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account