MS Society to Benefit from Auction of Jay Leno’s Custom Ford Truck
Barrett-Jackson, an Arizona-based auction company specializing in the auction of antique and classic automobiles, has announced that the National Multiple Sclerosis Society will be among the nonprofits supported through its 45th Anniversary auction of custom vehicles. The company has donated over $84.6 million to charities since 1971.
The anniversary auction, which includes a number of cars with vehicle identification numbers (VIN) Nos. 001, is set for Jan. 23–31, 2016, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Comedian Jay Leno’s 2000 Harley-Davidson F-150 Pickup Truck will be auctioned on Friday, Jan. 29, with proceeds going to the MS Society. In addition to being a one-owner car titled to Leno, the ultra-rare Ford performance pickup is the only one in existence that features a factory SVT Lightning power train. The truck is available for viewing under Auction Lot No. 3006.
“In 1971 my father Russ and his business partner, Tom Barrett, held an auto auction to benefit the local library,” said Craig Jackson, Barrett-Jackson’s CEO and chairman, in a press release. “I’m proud that 45 years later, we’re continuing with that spirit of giving back with the help of our partners and celebrities. … We’re looking forward to these additional highly collectible VIN #001s crossing the auction block at our 45th Anniversary auction.”
Other vehicles being sent off to support nonprofit groups include:
- Lot No. 3007 – 2017 Acura NSX VIN No. 001:
- Lot No. 3009 – Custom 2016 Ford Focus RS:
- The Focus RS has a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine with 350 horsepower and 350 ft/lbs of torque to all four wheels. The sale of the Focus RS will benefit JDRF, and the professional rally driver Ken Block and Mark Fields, CEO of Ford Motor Company, will be on stage.
- Lot No. 3008 – 2016 Camaro SS VIN No. 001:
- Chevrolet will auction its first retail production, all-new sixth-generation Camaro. The sale of this vehicle will benefit Kettering University.
- Lot No. 3005 – Chevrolet COPO Camaro VIN No. 001:
- The first of only 69 sixth-generation COPO Camaros slated to be produced, this car fuses COPO performance with a lighter, stronger design and tailored look created by NHRA star Courtney Force. The vehicle was introduced in November at the SEMA Show. Proceeds from the auction will benefit United Way.
- Additional vehicles and recipient charities include:
- Lot No. 3001 – 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Edition will be donated by Omix-ADA benefiting Childhelp through SEMA Cares
- Lot No. 3004 – 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Military Tribute Pickup benefiting the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation
- Lot No. 3003 – 2015 Chevrolet Z28 to benefit the Barrett-Jackson Cancer Research Fund at TGen
- Lot No. 3002 – 2012 Dodge NASCAR No. 2 Race Car benefiting Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Lot No. 3000 – 2008 McKinney Top Fuel Dragster benefiting B.R.A.K.E.S. Charity
- Lot No. 3010 – 1932 Ford Hi-Boy “McGee Tribute” benefiting the Alex Xydias Center for Automotive Arts
“It’s a privilege to help our OEM [original equipment manufacturer] partners auction vehicles to support charities across the country,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “So much good comes from the generous donations of consignors and bidders, who open their wallets and hearts to help those who need our attention the most. The excitement during the sale of these vehicles will be fantastic.”