15 Multiple Sclerosis-Inspired Tattoos

Getting a tattoo shouldn’t be taken lightly. It’s a piece of art that will be on your body for life and therefore, should represent something that’s near and dear to your heart. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that many who suffer from a chronic illness choose to add permanent messages of hope or reminders that they need to get up every day and fight.

Here, we’re sharing 15 of the most inspiring MS-related tattoos we’ve seen:

MORE: Can emotional health influence MS treatment outcomes?

MORE: But can cannabinoid chewing gum treat multiple sclerosis pain and spasticity?

MORE: Seven strange and unusual multiple sclerosis symptoms

MORE: Tips for managing cognitive health with multiple sclerosis.

MORE: Three tips for newly diagnosed multiple sclerosis patients.

Multiple Sclerosis News Today is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.

• Mrs.360 says:

Lisa, I would strongly suggest finding an artist that you like (gather names of local artists and check out their work on Instagram) and then book a consultation with them. Every artist has their own style, find one that you love!

1. Art says:

For My wife’s 40th Birthday, I arranged for myself, daughter,and two of my brother in laws to get the same tattoo. It was a tribute to her and her struggles with MS. She was so taken by it all, she insisted on getting the same one for herself. She modified it by putting my name in the ribbon. She touches mine , which is over my heart, each and every day.

2. Nichola Olson says:

I recently got my first tattoo. I’m 47, living with my MS since 22. Still walking, still driving. My tattoo is an orange ribbon with “and yet she persisted” written over it.

• Stacey says:

I was diagnosed 20 years ago… I was on meds and getting worse.. No meds for 15 years now and doing great. I think the meds are the worst thing for some of us. I have plenty of tats.. but have never done one of my MS…

• sunny34695 says:

So happy to hear you say that! I too started out taking the meds and all they did was worsen my symptoms and gave me 105 fever every shot! Been over 10 years with no meds and feel amazing! Of course I still get the symptoms but not half as bad as when on the meds. Oh and I’m covered in tats! Need to get an ms one soon!

3. Calvin Welch says:

Yess i a tattoo its a heart with a arrow going through with a ribbon that says never give up it means alot to me!! You have to be so mentally strong

4. Denise says:

Why dose the color have to be orange? That is probably my least favorite color other wise I would totally do it, lol

• Cari says:

Honestly orange is my absolute least favorite color & has been all my life, then I’m diagnosed with MS!
      I have the same problem but I do want to get a tattoo I can look at when I’m having a hard day & be reminded of how strong you have to be to have MS so I was thinking about a coral ribbon… Does that still count? LOL

5. Christina says:

I have 5 legions on my brain I take 3 shots a week my memory is not as good as it used to be I try to stay strong but I think I need to find a support group

6. Cynthia King says:

I guess having ms and it affects my life daily I feel no need for an external reminder like a tattoo. I’m not a warrior or a survivor. I’m just a middle aged lady fighting the good fight. I’ll fight it to the end, a celebrity death match without celebrities. If I ever did get a tattoo it would be the infinity symbol. That would mean while life goes round and round it also moves forward. Not everyone has ms, but all deal with something we know nothing about. Whatever the reason, now is all we have so make the most of it. The journey goes on. Maybe with or without you, but the worm turns regardless. So get up, dress up, and show up.