Multiple Sclerosis: Ginger & Turmeric Tea

Multiple Sclerosis: Ginger & Turmeric Tea

Turmeric has Anti-inflammatory Properties

The fall season is upon us and the changing season often means inflammation and pain increases with Multiple Sclerosis. It seems unavoidable and managing it is frequently a challenge. Natural ways to relieve painful inflammation are sometimes helpful adjuncts in pain management. This ginger and turmeric tea recipe may have anti-inflammatory benefits.

Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Tea
Two herbs touted for their therapeutic benefits are ginger and turmeric. Both of these naturally growing roots may have anti-inflammatory properties and many other benefits according to the Mayo Clinic. Incorporate ginger and turmeric into recipes, drinks, or even take them in a supplement form.

Turmeric is known for reducing chronic joint pain and has long been used as a treatment. Ginger has anti-nausea, digestive, and respiratory benefits in addition to its anti-inflammatory abilities.

As the air cools, try this Ginger and Turmeric tea. This delicious and soothing tea can give relief and comfort as you sip.

ms-tea
GINGER TURMERIC TEA

8 oz boiling water
1 tsp. fresh turmeric root, grated (1/3 tsp. if using dried)
1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated (1/3 tsp. if using dried)
1 tsp. coconut oil
Honey to taste, optional
Fresh lemon wedge, optional

Combine all ingredients.

Drink daily or as desired.

For more healthy tips and tricks, follow our health and wellness Pinterest board.

Multiple Sclerosis News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.

• Ronda says:

This honestly has reduced my over the counter meds significantly. I grind up ginger and tumeric root, boil it, mix with lemon juice, sometimes cinnamon and make it into a water and drink it all day long. My Dr was on my case about reducing my ibprophin and Tylenol use, I tried this and it worked!

1. Judy Lynn says:

I sometimes make my own, but more often than not I buy it from a local tea shop that will make ‘tea to order’. I just discovered that Trader Joe’s sells a ginger/turmeric herbal tea in bags- great for travel or that quick cup of tea!

2. Sharon Knape says:

My husband and I get ground turmeric and ground ginger (organic) in bulk at our health food store here in Omaha. It is much less expensive than getting it in pills or glass jars.

3. Fairh Trent says:

I just learned about tumeric and ginger today, I will look around for this over the weekend. Thanks for the information may God continue to bless you and yours.

4. Does this tea of turmeric and ginger really works!!!!
    I am basically from India where season oftenly changes. I am patient of RRMS
    I want to really help myself of getting rid of MS.
    Please let me know about this tea and how to make it…..Please

• Joseph Arsanis says:

Young lady, as a convenient product to carry with you is the Ginger & Turmeric tea bags at Trader Joe’s stores. You can purchase turmeric capsules and use it in food or mix with ginger root that is available all over.
      Vitamins: MS patients usually show a deficiency in B12 vitamins. If so take B Complex 50 mg once daily. This helps with energy.

Avoid these foods: Red Meat, Dairy. Alcohol & Caffein use sparingly
      Eat: Fish such as Salmon, tuna, sardines.
      Skinless chicken or turkey
      Beans, lentils , nuts. Walnuts then Almonds are best.
      Fruit & Vegetables . Must buy organic in most fruits or don’t eat them.
      Whole grains……do not eat white bread, white flour, white rice. (Remember all carbohydrates turn to sugar once eaten.
      Turmeric reduces joint pain.
      Ginger has anti-nausea, digestive & respiratory benefits in addition to its anti-inflammatory abilities.

I don’t think there is a cure for MS
      You can live a normal life, however it is said that your life MAY be shorten by 7yrs
      If you need further help I suggest you Google ( or have a friend Google) your questions directly as to what you want to learn, you will get a reply.
      Here are a few sample questions:
      When is best time of day to take supplements for MS?
      Should I take vitamins with food or water?
      What foods are excellent for MS?
      Will exercise help my pain or should I attempt to walk with pain.
      Okay young lady I hope I was able to help you, thank you.

5. vanessa dunne says:

I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. A side effect of my management medication is a little nausea. Has anyone tried turmeric and ginger tea for this problem and what were the results.

6. shakiba says:

I am 35 years old and have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
    I have been using ginger tea for three consecutive years and my plaque size has decreased
    Although I did not take any drugs, I did not have an attack during this time